The body's immune system is one that is responsible for providing protection against harmful agents, known as antigens, which can cause disease. These include viruses, bacteria, toxins and other harmful substances that, after invading the tissues, give rise to infections and pathologies.
It consists of lymphoid tissue, which is part of the bone marrow, as well as lymph nodes and parts of the digestive system. These, together, help to produce antibodies to inhibit and destroy the dangerous agents before they generate complications or irreparable damages. The problem is that there are many factors that can interfere with its operation and prevent it from performing its tasks correctly.
As a consequence, the susceptibility to certain conditions increases and a series of negative reactions that affect the quality of life are generated. For this reason, it is important to provide support through food and provide nutrients that help improve each of its functions. Next, we want to share 8 good options so you do not forget to add them to your diet.
Beets are one of the foods whose essential nutrient content can promote immune health naturally.
- Its fiber, antioxidant compounds and essential minerals help clean the blood and liver to remove toxins.
- It also helps to regulate the pH of the body, which is essential to prevent inflammation and reduce the risk of disease.
Known for gastronomy as a perfect condiment, garlic is an ingredient with high medicinal power that can help prevent and treat various types of infections.
- Its anti-inflammatory and antibiotic compounds enhance the immune system's response and inhibit the action of some types of bacteria, viruses, and fungi.
- Allicin, one of its main actives, exerts an antioxidant action that helps to protect the cells while getting rid of toxins.
You may also like to read: 6 Homemade moisturizers. The Best Option For Extreme Dryness
Lemon is perhaps one of the most popular foods in terms of strengthening immune functions and preventing some diseases.
- It's great contributions of vitamin C, in addition to fiber and essential oils, increase the protective barrier against germs and impel detoxification.
- It is recommended to control breathing problems, urinary tract infections and other pathologies derived from a weak immune system.
Turmeric root has powerful antibiotic and anti-inflammatory compounds that help prevent and treat infections when the defense mechanisms have some weakening.
- It has antioxidant substances that provide a protective effect against the negative action of free radicals and toxins.
- Its main asset, curcumin, improves circulatory and lymphatic health while optimizing waste disposal and preventing inflammation.
Ginger is a spice rich in antioxidants that, along with its vitamins and minerals, protect immune health.
- Gingerol, one of its active compounds, increases the response to viruses and bacteria and prevents them from generating infections.
- This substance causes an expectorant and anti-inflammatory effect in the body, which helps to reduce the symptoms of problems such as bronchitis and cold.
Cabbage and other varieties of green vegetables are excellent nutritional supports to increase the body's defenses and prevent diseases.
- It contains antioxidants, natural fibers, and minerals that, together, help remove waste so that they do not interfere with circulatory and lymphatic health.
- Thanks to its properties improve the digestive health and prevent the accumulation of toxins in the liver and colon.
Rich in beta-carotene, vitamin C, and essential minerals, the carrot is a vegetable that helps increase the production of white blood cells, responsible for curbing the negative action of pathogens that affect health.
These properties enhance the functioning of the immune system and decrease susceptibility to infections.
Pumpkin is a food rich in vitamins A, B, and C, all necessary to protect the body from harmful microorganisms.
- Its antioxidant properties support the detoxification of the blood and, by the way, improve the production of antibodies.
- Regular ingestion reduces excess acidity and prevents uncontrolled inflammatory processes.
Ready to consume them and improve your health? As you have just noticed, these are varied and healthy foods that can promote your well-being.
Include them in your diet plan and take advantage of all its nutritional properties.
If you like this content check this blog also http://antidepressionremedies.com/